Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fast Food Junkie

I love to eat, but I'm no cook. In Sins of the Border, Lila faces the same dilemma. And because her husband, Steve, travels constantly for his work, and having two teens who practically thrive on junk food, she's not motivated to break out the cookbook or organic ingredients.

In fact, Lila cruises through Taco Bell so often the guy who works the drive-thru window begins to hit on her. As she laments, And no, I don't think I'm hot, the pimpled-faced drive-thru window guy at Taco Bell does. For some reason he thinks I'm attractive and makes little comments as I whiz through at over-the-radar speed like, "Hey, why don't you come back for some more this afternoon? I work late today."

Do you rely on fast food when you're not motivated, or forced to cook? If so, what's your favorite vice? And have you had a kid who feels brazen by the shield of the drive-thru window try out his pick up lines on you?

1 comment: