Thursday, August 27, 2009

Practical Stilettos an Oxymoron?


I ended up attending my daughter's Back-to-School Night in a pair of semi-practical shoes. Did I forgo my fashion sense and whimp out? No. As I was racing against the clock, or school bell, to get to the event on time, I slipped on heels and bounded for the door. Hearing that the clickety clack of my heels had become a resounding CLACK! I checked my shoes, and discovered they'd been mysteriously worn to the "bone" by whom I suspected was my dog, Macky.

Not having another pair of spiked heels that would get me through the night and matched my outfit, I settled for a pair of low wedgies.

This morning when I was cruising through images of stilettos, I was taken aback by the REALLY weird ones. I thought it would be fun to post some pics, but feared my blog site would get censored. Then I came across the red tennis shoe stilettos featured at the top of the page.

What do you think? Could this solve the problem of the desire to add heigth without sacrificing comfort? Do you think stilettos in the form of tennies will ever catch on? My guess is no. Let's face it--there's nothing that makes a woman feel (or look) sexier than a great pair of heels. And, my guess is you guys think there's nothing better than veiwing a woman strutting her stuff in them.

1 comment:

  1. when I was 12 at my middle school the whole hill sneaker thing was in style. I never went with it but it was the thing back then.

    ReplyDelete